Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Limos, and DJ's, and Videographers, Oh My!

I'm officially a day nurse again! It feels like I've been on nights forever. To celebrate this blessed event, I've used my two days off to fully immerse myself in house flipping and wedding planning.

At the end of last week Chris and I got our official kitchen design! We kept looking at each other in disbelief. If you could see the kitchen now, you would completely understand. The gentleman who lived there before us had unique taste, and that's being quite nice. The kitchen floor looks like grade school hallway flooring, there's only one wall of cabinets, there's wood paneling on 3 of the 4 walls, and there use to be an island with a base covered in orange carpet. (Thankfully, I never had to bear witness to that, Chris had it removed before we started dating.) And of course, there are no appliances; just the fridge and microwave that Chris bought when he moved in.

Our new kitchen has lots of cabinets (all with a specific purpose), a built in dishwasher and fridge, and an island (no carpet) with a built in cooktop and oven!! We are so so excited. We went to Lowes and priced our appliances and tile last night and I picked up extra shifts at work this morning! Between the kitchen and the wedding, it a necessary evil, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We are so excited and thankful to be given the opportunity to finish our kitchen before the wedding.

As for the wedding planning, I spoke with Pastor Hemenway today and the latest the wedding can be is 3:00 pm on a Saturday due to the 5:30 church service. So 3:00 pm it is! We are hoping to serve cocktails and appitizers at the AFB from 5:00-6:00 with dinner around 6:30.

Yesterday I researched 68 videographers, 56 DJ's, and 32 Limo companies. After lots of website visits, phone calls, and emails, we've picked out of DJ, are pretty sure we know our limo (and by limo I mean bus), and have narrowed it down to two videographers.

Our DJ: www.arockindj.com

Our Limo Bus: http://prezlimos.com/28-passenger-limo.html (This is what happens when you tell your wedding coordinator you have 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen and she says "Holy Wedding Party!" That about sums it up.)

And our top two choices for videographers:
http://www.jonescreative.com/ OR http://www.katchvideo.com/

Watch the sample videos and let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment