Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aruba, Jamaica, Ooo I Wanna Take Ya..

Yesterday afternoon I was curled up on the couch with a book, hot chocolate, and Skittles (the puppy), when a Southwest "Wanna get away" commercial came on. This prompted me to go up to my office and call the Aruba Marriott, the wonderfully warm resort where Chris and I were pretty sure we wanted to go on our honeymoon.


As the Marriott woman and I were talking I found myself falling more and more in love with the resort. I thanked her for her time and told her I would be calling her back once I spoke with my father (the Marriott king), and fiance. Little did I know I had just inquired about the last room available on the Tradewinds Club. It's marketed as "the hotel within the hotel." It has private hotel staff, priority to everything at the hotel, complimentary breakfast and lunch, appetizers, and an open bar every night. Even better all the rooms are king/queen suites with balconies overlooking the ocean.


So after a quick debate in my head, I decided to book the hotel. I promptly called Chris and told him what I had done. I held my breath waiting his response, hoping he was in his office where he couldn't get too upset. ;) Thankfully he was perfectly okay with my decision.

Next, I began to Google flight options from St. Louis to Aruba. I understand we're leaving on a major travel day, but the lack of flights and $$$ for them is crazy. Basically we are going to have to go to Chicago or Indianapolis a day early so we can catch super early flights to Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA to make our connecting flights to Aruba.

Looks like it's time to start learning the lyrics to "Kokomo"...

Aruba, Jamaica, Ooo I wanna take ya, to Bermuda, Bahama, Come on pretty mama...

(All pictures are courtesy of Marriott.com)

1 comment:

  1. Ill be impressed if you are truly gone from November 29 to November 8. Please inform me as to how this works. I want in on that action.

    ReplyDelete