Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Project

I am so excited to share my latest (or I guess it's technically my first) photo project. For a book club that I'm a part of we are reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I'm only a few chapters in and already the book has changed my life. I'm not quite ready to blog about that yet, but it will definitely be a future blog. I've found that reading this book is a wonderful relief for the every day stress that work and selling our house provide. Each day I try to come home and read the book or just ponder in my head and heart the things that I've read. I've found that doing this helps me to focus on what's happening in my life at this moment rather than always focusing on the what could have been or what the future may be. It's forced me to slow down and take some deep breaths, thus allowing me to see God's beauty and grace in the simple moments of my life.

I've decided to make a daily list of things I'm thankful for; a list of my own one thousand gifts. This will allow me to learn how to use my camera and putting these items on my blog will allow me to eventually make a photo book of all my gifts to use when I'm feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and just plain run down.

Today, February 1, 2011, during the snow (currently ice) storm of the century, when the world outside looks like this:
I am thankful for amazing friends volunteering to take your shift tonight because she lives five minutes from work and you live 30. This gives me the ability to spend the day on the couch, reading, watching Bones, and snuggling with this:
Happy snowy, icy, Tuesday everyone!

1 comment: