Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Progress and 19 Day Countdown

I'm getting so excited about moving into our new house! On Friday, a handyman came over and put new trim on the garage, new glass in the front door and a closet door on the master closet. (Yes, my husband bought this house five years ago with no closet door. The joys and simplicity of bachelorhood. :) ) It's amazing what a difference these three things have made!

My amazing parents came over on Saturday and spent the day with us cleaning and painting the basement. We live in a 100 year old house and I doubt the basement had been cleaned since then (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea.) My dad and hubby painted while Mom and I scrubbed, mopped, and shop-vac'd the dirt and dust away. My camera is at my mother-in-laws, but as soon as I get it back I will post pictures. It's an amazing difference. The basement needs one more sweep and mop and then that part will be crossed off our list.

These are the other things that need to be done before February 1:
-New basement steps
-New basement handrail
-One final sweep and mop of the basement
-Fix walls of side/basement entry and paint entry white
-Fix master bedroom wall
-Repaint master bedroom
-Have wood floor installed in dining room (The floor we picked is Wedge)

Here is what we've already done:
-All new electrical wiring
-New electrical box
-All new windows
-New roof
-Installed backyard patio
-All new landscaping
-Completely gutted and updated the kitchen
-Completely gutted and updated the bathroom
-Tore down the front porch and rebuilt it

Hopefully we can find someone who loves this house and much as we have so we can start creating memories in our new house!

And since I don't have my camera, here's my favorite picture off my phone from the weekend.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching HGTV as they restore and renovate houses. As we live on post or rent off post, we don't get to engage in all those activities. I'm looking forward to the day that we settle into our last post and purchase a house of our own.

    May you be blessed in your new home, and good luck on selling the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    HI! Thank you for commenting on my (in)courage post...now Ive found your sweet blog. Im following along now--pleased to grow with you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete